Thursday, June 11, 2009

Present from Dad

My father appears to be a very preppy conservative little doctor but in reality he's an eccentric man. Case in point he called me to say he would be in LA for a day and had some Guatemalan outerclothes for me to look at. if I didn't want it he'd send it all to Blake. I knew that these outerclothes would not be something Blake would want. I thought my friends would enjoy seeing these little presents from my Papa.


This beautiful blazer comes complete with shoulder pads


Please note that the cuff detail matches the detail on the body of the shirt.


Guatemalan Plaid


Can you say Cholo?


This is the front


and this is the back (have it in red too)


This is the best one because I sent all these photos to Blake and he responded with this:
What's funny about this one is that I remember him wearing this once when I was a kid and got lost in the mall. I had to describe what he was wearing to the security guard so they could help me find him.
And I know he wore it. Yes in Sacramento, CA to the mall. Oh Dad

So if anyone wants any of these beauties just let me know.

7 comments:

  1. oh my oh my. love blake's story! that's awesome!! great pics.

    i was going to ask you about that... and then i forgot... so i'm glad you posted about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you get some friends together, you can be Guatamala (or a Guatamalan Village) for Halloween. please do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your dad just returned from a trip to Guatamala, but now I see that these are just part of his wardrobe? I vote for the Guatamalan village for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Blake. That must have been traumatic for him at the mall!

    I think these clothes have mucho (heh) potential. I'm just not sure for what. Will you wear one of the shirts to my graduation on Sunday?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, who knew your dad liked such colorful clothing?
    Now, is it only Guatamalan clothing or does he also combine other countries and cultures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. dad gets creative on his own. he liked his cowboy hat a lot during these times. he'd wear a plastic cover over it in the rain. yup. he'd pair it with shorts and his cowboy boots.

    when i was home at easter he asked if i wanted his scottish cape. this is the cape he'd wear to my soccer games when it rained.

    sarah - for your graduation i'll totally wear one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what.is.that.
    is this like a white man's version of the cosby sweater?

    ReplyDelete