Wedding #2 was the wedding of my very good friend from highschool David Creeggan. He dated my friend Betsy Brown (see Wedding #3) all through highschool and parts of college. It was a first love for both of them that all the ups and downs--at least from an outsider's perspective.
I digress. Dave and I have kept in pretty good contact over the years. We were still quite close in college when he came to visit Scripps and then he came to see me in DC and then started dating another one of my friends. I really can't blame him for this as my friend's are amazing. So he's dating my friend at Scripps while he's living in Boston. One Saturday night he hooks up with another girl (gasp!) while my friend hooks up with another guy (gasp!!) and both tell me. but neither tell each other. Oh that was fun! Anyways Dave married Danielle this summer. Danielle is the girl he hooked up with that night! So needless to say this wedding was very very bizarre for me. Most of the people in attendance were friends of his from college. Some of whom I'd spent some quality time with. Yeah it was weird.
I was especially worried that the people I knew best were all in the wedding party and I came to the wedding alone. It ended up being fine. Many of the groom's college friends remembered me (wink wink) and were quite nice. I did sit next to awkward guy that wouldn't stop talking to me and drove me insane! I gave the girl at my table the save me eyes and she totally ignored me. She later told me they were all laughing at me. Of all the people to sit next to at the wedding I sit next to the guy who brings up Hitler in conversation. Once he did that my pain became the table's source of amusement for the night.
I'll upload photos later as it doesn't like mine right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment