This was a LONG time ago and I'm about to head home again so I wanted to get these photos up real quick. Captions only, no long text - you're welcome.
Took the train from SF to Sacramento which allowed me to sit back, relax and enjoy some of my favorite sites of home.
View of SF Bay from the train.
This is the naval ship graveyard. Lines of old navy war ships. For some reason it's one of my absolute favorite things to see.
Entering Sacramento. This is the Sacramento river with the Tower Bridge which is supposed to be painted gold but the color in the daylight isn't so goldish.
This is my first trip to the Sacramento train station which isn't too pretty but I did find this beautiful chandelier.
Dad and I stopped at the almond factory and I picked up chocolates for the girls who were next on my visit list. Anna enjoyed her chocolate. When she finished hers she looked sweetly to her mother and asked where hers was.
Lisa decided to do a project with the girls. Measuring worms. Yeah gross. I wouldn't touch them. Neither would Allison. Anna grabbed all of them.
Girls with worms.
Then I drove home and made Mom and Dad a gluten free dinner. The next morning I made a few more visits then hit the Sacramento airport.
Um, where's my chocolate? :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun time!
hmm, yeah, where's my chocolate?! i like the pics. my blog's been so boring lately... i know, i know. more pics, less text. i'll get there...
ReplyDeletetell me more about your gluten free menu....
ReplyDeleteGluten Free Pasta (made with corn)
ReplyDeleteOlive Oil in the pan and cook up some red peppers
Add low sodium chicken broth and cook down
Add frozen pees about 2-3 minutes before the pasta is done.
Mix together and add parmesian cheese.
Not quite vegetarian but gluten free and lots o' good fiber!
Oh crap I forgot the most important part of the sauce. Add lemon juice at the end before adding sauce to the pasta.
ReplyDeleteThe sauce doesn't thicken too much but it's tasty.